Aga Grandowicz, graphic designer, artist and wildlife illustrator, was born in Gdynia, Poland and graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdansk, Poland in 2003, with the masters degree with first-class honours in graphic design and a traditional photography.
Before she joined the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdansk, she studied various arts in a private art school, and also studied business part-time.
While in primary and high school, she participated in various biology-, ecology- and chemistry-related competitions as science, beside visual arts, was always her favourite subject.
In 2006, she has moved to Ireland, where she still lives and works.
Aga Grandowicz used to paint and illustrate animals and wildlife in general since she was a child but left it at some stage to focus on a long and successful career in graphic design and advertising. (You can check some of her work here). After many years of working in this sector, she decided to come back to her initial passion and co-created an award-winning book about Irish wildlife – Dr Hibernica Finch’s Compelling Compendium of Irish Animals, published in 2018 by Little Island. This book won her an award for illustration at Children’s Books Ireland Awards, and multitude of amazing reviews and printed + social media mentions.
Since the publication of Dr Hibernica Finch’s Compelling Compendium of Irish Animals, Aga has been involved in various biodiversity-related projects to which she happily contributes with her design and wildlife illustration skills.
If you’re looking for a wildlife illustrator to enhance your projects – books, brochures, magazines, exhibitions, signage for animals centres, animals-related posters, information boards for an estate, park or any other public area, illustrated maps, etc. – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. She will also be happy to work on any other project that can educate people about their area’s wildlife and biodiversity – Aga’s wildlife illustration could be included in brochures, posters or calendars that could be printed by various businesses that want to communicate their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). As an experience graphic designer, art and creative director, Aga can also come up with ideas for CSR campaigns that will enhance any business’s proposition and build customers loyalty.
- Illustrated video about honey bees (work in progress).
- Illustrated information board for my local area (work in progress).
- County Cork Colouring Book about the County’s Heritage and Biodiversity – three drawings.
- Illustrations for Leitrim County Council’s Heritage brochure.
- Illustrations for Dun Laoghiare-Rathdown County Council.
- Illustrated information board for Kilcolman, Offaly County Council.
- Drawing workshops, combined with fun animals facts – run for children in various Irish venues, mostly at book and family festivals, but also in libraries – please check here for more details.
- RTE Kids workshop and interview.
- Youtube video slide shows:
Wildlife illustrations by Aga Grandowicz
Aga Grandowicz – DRAWINGS
Designing and illustrating a heritage board for Kilcolman, Co. Offaly, Ireland
- Wildly Wonderful World of Dr Hibernica Finch, LexIcon, Dun Laoghaire, part of Mountains to Sea Book Festival, March 2019.
- Irish Animals, Airfield, Overends, Dublin, from December 2018.
- Trees of Marlay Park, Royal Horticultural Society of Ireland, Dublin, 2018.
Awards and competitions:
- Honour Award for Illustration at CBI’s Book of the Year Award 2019, for Dr Hibernica Finch’s Compelling Compendium of Irish Animals.
- Shortlisted for Literacy Ireland Children’s Book Award 2019, for Dr Hibernica Finch’s Compelling Compendium of Irish Animals.
- Shortlisted for Irish Books Awards 2018 in the Best Irish-Published category, forDr Hibernica Finch’s Compelling Compendium of Irish Animals.
photo: Alek Nowak, 2019.
Thank you for stopping by and please share this page with your colleagues or friends if you enjoy my work!
All the best,