I’m a senior creative based in Dublin, Ireland, where I moved in 2006.
I work as a freelance art director and a visual designer – you can see my relevant work samples HERE.
After hours or in between, I work on simplified illustrations (graphic art applied usually to theatre posters) and detailed zoological illustration. I enjoy both equally!
I also run art classes for kids :)
Let me also use this space to mention that my (and Rob Maguire’s) first, recently published, book – ‘Dr Hibernica Finch’s Compelling Compendium of Irish Animals’ has been shortlisted for Irish Books Awards 2018 and CBI’s Book of the Year Award 2019 (and won the Award for Illustration in the latter one)!
I’m really happy to see where my life-long interest in animals brings me these days :) Since the book’s publication I have been involved in biodiversity-related projects and awarded a heritage grant to create information boards for my local parks about their fauna and flora. I wish to contribute to preserving Ireland’s (or any other country’s!) heritage by creating educative information boards and by designing signage, maps, brochures and posters.
Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss any of the above and I’ll be delighted to have a chat.
Thank you for stopping by and please share this page with your colleagues or friends if you enjoy my work!
All the best,
- Silver award at An Post Smart Marketing Awards, Dublin, April 2019 (team work).
- Having my first book published and shortlisted for Irish Book Awards 2018 and CBI’s Book of the Year Award 2019 (Award for Illustration in the latter one).
- Bronze award at An Post Smart Marketing Awards, Dublin, April 2016 (team work).
- Four gold, two silver and two bronze awards for projects I art directed, designed and, in one case, illustrated – at An Post DMA, Dublin, May 2014 (team work).
- Winner in ‘Direct Marketing’ category – at All Ireland Marketing Awards, Dublin, May 2014 (team work).
- Wildly Wonderful World of Dr Hibernica Finch, LexIcon, Dun Laoghaire, part of Mountains to Sea Book Festival, March 2019.
- Irish Animals, Airfield, Overends, Dublin, from December 2018.
- Trees of Marlay Park, Dublin, 2018.
- 1st Ecuador PosterBiennial, Quito, September 25, 2016 (now a travelling exhibition).
- 14th International Poster Biennial in Mexico, Mexico City, October 2016.
- 8th International Triennial of Stage Poster in Sofia, Bulgaria, November 2016.